Tuesday 11 September 2012

working away...

Doing a teabag thing, as you do.... and suddenly seeing that the colours of stained printer paper, ink and tea bag had an echo with something else....


And now here's a question. Do I want light-hearted comments on process like this on this blog? I'm aware that this site is supposed to be a different kind of thing to Exploring Creativity, where I talk about the experience of trying to create things. Here, I'm focussed on the painting itself, what it is, how it comes out, what I think about it, what I'm trying to do. From that point of view, why would this be an inappropriate post?

I've got a sense of the other two sites (the second one being on Flickr, which is a stream of everything that comes out, no selection, very little comment), but I haven't yet got a proper sense of shape for this one. The original intention was for it to be a place for selected paintings. That's all working fine, on the pages attached to the blog. It's the blog part of it that I still have to work out. But I like it. I somehow makes the site alive, more than just a little show of work...


.

No comments:

Post a Comment